Every purchase from Chef Cappy’s Kitchen directly benefits Care Bags 4 Kids, a nonprofit foundation that helps children in need.
Care Bags 4 Kids is one of those foundations where you always know how your support will be used. With the kindness and generosity of countless volunteers, distributors, and supporters, they have been able to provide Care Bags to over 25,000 displaced, abused, and disadvantaged children worldwide.
Started by Annie Wignall Foskett when she was just 11 years old, her initial efforts have grown into a worldwide phenomenon that has as its mission to provide Care Bags filled with new, essential, helpful, fun, safe, and age appropriate items for children/youth (ages baby-18 yrs.) who are in need.
Here’s what they do:
- Create and distribute beautiful fabric Care Bags filled with essential and comforting items for needy children ages baby-18 years.
- Fill over 100 Care Bags monthly at their Care Bags 4 Kids Headquarters in Iowa
- Distribute Care Bags through children-service agencies and individuals across the United States.
- Care Bags are also hand-delivered by their international partners and friends to displaced, abused and disadvantaged kids worldwide.
- Care Bags Foundation is run entirely by volunteers. They have no paid staff, which means that all in-kind & monetary contributions go directly back to helping us help kids in need.
So, when you but something from Chef Cappy’s Kitchen, rest assured that 10% of your purchase will go directly to children in need at Care Bags 4 Kids. Visit their website to see more pictures and more stories!